Manchester United legend, Edwin van der Sar has paid an emotional tribute to departing Ajax manager Erik ten Hag.
The Dutchman helped Ajax claim the Eredivisie title on Wednesday and is now set to make the move to Manchester United.
Ajax defeated Heerenveen 5-0 on Wednesday night to secure the Dutch title, being the third under Ten Hag.
He also won two KNVB Cups and took the young side to the Champions League semi-finals as well.
Van der Sar, a former Manchester United goalkeeper, who now works as chief executive at Ajax, thanked Ten Hag for his superb work.
“You surpassed all expectations,” Van der Sar told Ten Hag on ESPN.
“Dominant football, semi-final Champions League, league titles.
“You will leave for a club that is close to my heart. I wish you all the best there. Thank you, Erik ten Hag!”
- Cristiano Ronaldo transfer wish granted by Man Utd with Erik ten Hag plan
- Chelsea boss Tuchel warns players ahead of Leicester clash
- Campbell tells Man United player to sign – He’s brilliant, far better than Fred, McTominay
- N’Golo Kante speaks on future at Chelsea amid link with Man United
- Todd Boehly identify 4 vital Changes to make at Chelsea after Premier League takeover decision