Arsenal have agreed a deal to sign Marquinhos from Sao Paulo.
The Gunners have been in talks with the Brazilian for the 19-year-old during the past week.
Goal reports that the final details are still being sorted out, but Marquinhos is now expected to be Arsenal’s first signing of the transfer window.
The transfer fee for Marquinhos will be around £3million.
Arsenal have taken advantage of a contract loophole to get the forward for such a low price.
Sao Paulo have reluctantly accepted the offer due to fears he could leave for free, despite his current deal not due to expire in 2024.
Arsenal forward wants to leave Emirates – Ex-Chelsea manager, Glenn Hoddle
Former Chelsea manager, Glenn Hoddle has insisted that Arsenal forward, Eddie Nketiah wants to leave Emirates this summer.
Hoddle also said that Nketiah would stay at Arsenal if he is given a chance to remain at the North London club.
Nketiah has been one of the club’s standout players in recent weeks.
However, his future at the Gunners has come into question as his contract is set to expire at the end of the season.
West Ham United are believed to be interested in signing him this summer.
“I think he probably wants to leave Arsenal, but if he’s given a chance, he will stay.
“They will be bending down on their knees to get him to sign a contract,” Hoddle told Premier League Productions.
- De Jong’s dream shirt number made available at Man Utd ahead of transfer
- Man United stars reacts as Erik ten Hag issues strong warning
- Frenkie De Jong makes unexpected U-turn on joining Man United
- Chelsea announce 4 players to depart Stamford Bridge in addition to Antonio Rudiger
- David Beckham names best player he ever played with during his career