Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel is counting on a staggered return for preseason with a couple of lined up activities to reignite the team ahead of the 2022/2023 Premier League season.
The Blues head to the USA in July for friendlies in Las Vegas, Charlotte and Orlando, with the German coach hopeful that he will have a full squad available for the transatlantic tour prior to the Premier League curtain-raiser on 5 August.
“The plan is if they play for their national teams, they will come back one week later than the rest on 9 July,” he explained.
“Hopefully we can do this and have everybody for the pre-season because it’s a pre-season where you have at least four weeks together and not a lot of groups are coming at different timings.
“It’s more or less two groups and then we have to be quick to adapt to the qualities and the personalities of any new guys.”
The Blues will headline two matches against unconfirmed international opponents across the US before facing Arsenal in a London derby in Orlando, where the so-called Florida Cup will be up for grabs.
On the tour announcement, Chelsea technical and performance advisor Petr Cech said: “We’ve always had a lot of success on our US tours, taking so many fans to the stadiums and giving them the opportunity to see Chelsea FC play live.
“We have a huge fan base in the US that we’ve proudly built, and we’ve seen that fanbase getting bigger and bigger every year.”
A club statement added: “The club will be joining under new ownership. The Blues will only travel if the sale of the club has completed and accordingly are no longer subject to United Kingdom government sanctions. Ticket refunds will be issued if the game does not go ahead.”
Chelsea pre-season 2022/23 confirmed schedule
- 16 July 2022 – Chelsea vs TBC (KO TBC) – location TBC
- 20 July 2022 – Chelsea vs TBC (KO TBC) – location TBC
- 23 July 2022 – Arsenal vs Chelsea (KO TBC) – Camping World Stadium, Orlando
- De Jong’s dream shirt number made available at Man Utd ahead of transfer
- Man United stars reacts as Erik ten Hag issues strong warning
- Frenkie De Jong makes unexpected U-turn on joining Man United
- Chelsea announce 4 players to depart Stamford Bridge in addition to Antonio Rudiger
- David Beckham names best player he ever played with during his career