Roman Abramovich did complete high profile signings for Chelsea before his unplanned exit, but the Blues fans can celebrate as potential new owner has also outlined big summer signings.
There is a good chance that Chelsea will sign a marquee player this summer if a new owner is in place. As reported by Caught Offside, the Blues are considering three players: Declan Rice of West Ham United, Aurelien Tchouameni of Monaco FC, and Jules Kounde of Sevilla FC.
Declan Rice and Aurelien Tchouameni are among the best young midfielders in international football, and despite his inexperience, Jules Kounde already looks like a world-class center-back that could be perfect for the Blues.
Following the federal sanctions against Roman Abramovich, Chelsea is hoping to find new owners shortly. The Russian billionaire tycoon has invested a great deal of money in Chelsea’s long-term success, and one would expect any new owners to do the same.
A lot would also depend on who signs as several top clubs are also hot on the heels of these players. But Declan Rice is likely to be the top choice of most CFC supporters. The English midfielder is a highly capable player and can play in various positions in the midfield.
It is also possible that a defender arrives at the Stamford Bridge Stadium due to the possible departure of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen. Unless there will be a massive void in the defence.
- Jules Kounde arrives, Christopher Nkunku deal – How Chelsea can spend £200m transfer budget
- Supercomputer predicts how Man Utd will fare in Erik ten Hag’s first season in charge
- Manchester United pre-season schedule 22/23: Who will CR7 & co face this summer?
- Champions League final: Real Madrid can expose growing weakness in key Liverpool tactic
- Four players Chelsea will try to sell in Boehly and Tuchel’s £200m transfer overhaul