Chelsea have officially made their first signing of the Todd Boehly era as they added French defender Eve Perisset to the women’s ranks.
Chelsea confirmed this in a statement via its website on Wednesday.
Perisset, 27, joined Chelsea from Bordeaux after signing a three-year contract with the three-time defending FA Women’s Super League Champions.
She will be handed the No. 15 shirt upon her arrival on July 1 when the international transfer window swings open.
“Chelsea FC Women are delighted to announce the signing of French international Ève Perisset on a three-year deal ahead of the 2022/23 season,” Chelsea’s statement read in part.
“Joining from French Division One side Bordeaux on 1 July, the 27-year-old has signed with the Blues until summer 2025 and will wear shirt number 15.”
Reacting, Perisset said: “It is a fantastic honour to join Chelsea and to be the first French female player to become a Blue! I am very thankful for the opportunity that has been given to me.
“The time was right for me to make this big move to London and join the English Super League and I cannot wait to meet the team and the fans later this summer at Kingsmeadow and at the famous Stamford Bridge!”
- De Jong’s dream shirt number made available at Man Utd ahead of transfer
- Man United stars reacts as Erik ten Hag issues strong warning
- Frenkie De Jong makes unexpected U-turn on joining Man United
- Chelsea announce 4 players to depart Stamford Bridge in addition to Antonio Rudiger
- David Beckham names best player he ever played with during his career