Forbes has released its annual list of the top 10 highest-paid athletes of the year.
Forbes reported on Wednesday that Paris Saint-Germain superstar Lionel Messi topped sports highest-earners after earning $130 million over the past 12 months.
Messi lost roughly $22 million in salary from his final season with Barcelona, but he still makes roughly $75 million with PSG and saw a significant increase in endorsements that matched his 12-month record from last year’s study.
The seven-time Ballon d’Or winner is ahead of Lakers forward LeBron James and Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo, who occupied the second and third positions, respectively.
The list of the top 10 are presented below:
- Lionel Messi (football) – $130 million
- LeBron James (basketball) – $121.2 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo (football) – $115 million
- Neymar (Football) – $95 million
- Stephen Curry (Basketball) – $92.8 million
- Kevin Durant (Basketball) – $92.1 million
- Roger Federer (Tennis) – $90.7 million
- Canelo Alvarez (Boxer) – $90 million
- Tom Brady (American football) – $83.9 million
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Basketball) – $80.9 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo transfer wish granted by Man Utd with Erik ten Hag plan
- Chelsea boss Tuchel warns players ahead of Leicester clash
- Campbell tells Man United player to sign – He’s brilliant, far better than Fred, McTominay
- N’Golo Kante speaks on future at Chelsea amid link with Man United
- Todd Boehly identify 4 vital Changes to make at Chelsea after Premier League takeover decision