Portugal and Manchester United have sent their separate messages to Cristiano Ronaldo after the superstar announced the death of his twin baby boy.
The Portugal international made the tragic announcement on Monday that his son has passed away.
His club and country were quick to send their support to their star man during the heart-breaking time.
Ronaldo and his partner, Georgina Rodriguez, were expecting twins, but while his daughter came out alive, the baby boy passed on.
Manchester United tweeted: “Your pain is our pain, @Cristiano
“Sending love and strength to you and the family at this time.”
The Twitter account for the Portugal national team posted: “Muita força, capitão.” Meaning: “A lot of strength, captain.”
Ronaldo had earlier posted a statement jointly signed by him and his partner, on his social media pages.
The football superstar made the disclosure via his social media pages on Monday.
The statement was co-signed by Ronaldo’s spouse, Georgina Rodriguez.
“It is with our deepest sadness that we have to announce that our baby boy has passed away.”
The couple called it the greatest pain that any parent can feel.
“Only the birth of our baby girl gives us the strength to live this moment with some hope and happiness.”
Ronaldo and his wife thanked doctors and nurses for all their expert care and support.
“Our baby boy, you are our angel. We will always love you,” they wrote.
- Pogba explain motive behind transfer U-turn amid Manchester United team overhaul
- Erik ten Hag names Manchester United transfer target future captain
- Erik ten Hag reacts as Benfica forward Darwin Nunez rejects Man United offer
- Cristiano Ronaldo transfer wish granted by Man Utd with Erik ten Hag plan
- Chelsea boss Tuchel warns players ahead of Leicester clash