Man Utd player in crisis, banned for 6 months after pleading guilty

Manchester United defender, Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been banned from driving for six months after pleading guilty to driving offences.

Earlier this year the 24-year-old admitted to driving while disqualified and without insurance, he was fined £31,500, after being stopped by police in Manchester on June 23.

Wan-Bissaka also pleaded guilty on Monday to failing to provide driver details for two speeding offences in Bradford, Yorkshire, in September 2020.

The England international’s lawyers described the player as in a “state of complete ignorance” with letters of the offences sent to his former Croydon address.

His failure to reply to the letters led to a six-month ban imposed at Leeds Magistrates Court, with the United full-back unaware of court proceedings.

Wan-Bissaka’s court date was five days before his Lamborghini Urus was seized by police on the A34.

Shaun Draycott, who was defending Wan-Bissaka said: “When he was stopped on the A34 he was courteous and respectful to the officers, and he indicated to them he had no idea he was disqualified.”

Draycott further said that arrangements were being made for the player’s agent to visit his home to make sure his affairs were in order following his move to United in 2019.

Apply Now: Top 10 Fully Funded Sports Scholarships 2022-2023

%d bloggers like this: