Antonio Rudiger was a big miss as Chelsea were torn apart by Arsenal in the 2-4 defeat at Stamford Bridge last night.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like the centre-back will be back in time for our next game, which is against West Ham. Thomas Tuchel said: “It is groin pain and a little, minor injury. It is a matter of days.
“Right now, it’s not good. I don’t think he will play against West Ham.”
Rudiger has started 28 of Chelsea’s 31 league games this season and has been one of our most consistent players.
The season is coming to an end and we still have a top four place to lock down and an FA Cup final to fight for – let’s hope Rudiger comes back fast.
Lukaku’s terrible Arsenal performance summed up with one key stat – are his days at Chelsea over?
Romelu Lukaku scored a brace against Arsenal earlier this season but since that performance, it has all been downhill for the striker.
He started his first league game after eight matches last night and failed to impact the game in any way whatsoever.
Here is one stat which summed up his terrible performance:
Moreover, Lukaku could also attempt only 15 passes, completing only 12 of them. He also had only one shot which was off target and he was subbed off at the hour mark.
While not everything that has gone wrong for Lukaku at Chelsea is his fault but as a £90m signing, his impact here has been negligible.
- Jules Kounde arrives, Christopher Nkunku deal – How Chelsea can spend £200m transfer budget
- Supercomputer predicts how Man Utd will fare in Erik ten Hag’s first season in charge
- Manchester United pre-season schedule 22/23: Who will CR7 & co face this summer?
- Champions League final: Real Madrid can expose growing weakness in key Liverpool tactic
- Four players Chelsea will try to sell in Boehly and Tuchel’s £200m transfer overhaul