Sadio Mane Explains Why He Has No Interest In Living The Same Lifestyle As Cristiano Ronaldo

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane says the glamourous lifestyles of of Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo and PSG forward Neymar is not for him, explaining why in an interview that highlights his modest and humble characteristics.

Mane spoke at length to French outlet L’Equipe and touched on a number of topics, including his lifestyle compared to the likes of Ronaldo and Neymar.

The Manchester United superstar recently became the most-followed person on Instagram and has a huge presence on social media.


But the Liverpool man insists he has no interest in living the same life as the Portuguese phenom.

“I don’t want to give the impression of being a lecturer,” he said.

“But it is true that there are certain values circulating in football that bother me a bit based on my education.

“But, instead of criticising out loud, sometimes I prefer to distance myself a bit.

“The main thing is not to change, and I don’t think it has changed.

“And, for a boy who comes from a small town in Casamance, it is already a great victory to resist all that.”

Asked if he could copy the lifestyles of Ronaldo and Neymar, he replied: “No! I follow them on social media and that’s enough for me.

“I love their extraordinary life, but that life is not made for me.”

Mane is widely considered as one of the best forwards in the Premier League and beyond following his heroics for Liverpool over the years.

He helped his side win their first Premier League title and starred in their Champions League triumph in 2019.

The 29-year-old also delivered on the international stage, winning the Africa Cup of Nations with Senegal earlier in the year.

Despite his incredible success on the pitch, Mane maintains a low profile on social media and exudes humility.

Young Man United fan does 32-mile walk from Manchester to Anfield for charity

An eight-year-old Man United fan recently completed a 32-mile walk from Manchester to Merseyside to raise money for charity.

Young support Isaac O’Connor embarked on the two-day trek on Saturday, March 19, and was given a send-off from Old Trafford by former captain Bryan Robson.

O’Connor did the walk along with his friends to raise money for the Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool and manage to accumulate over £4,000.

This trip was initially scheduled to be completed just in time for United’s game against Liverpool at Anfield on March 20, but the game was postponed.

Incidentally, this is not the first time O’Connor has done such a thing, as he also walked from Merseyside to Old Trafford in October to raise over £3,000 for the same hospital last October.

Nanyang International Scholarships in Singapore 2022 [Fully Funded]

%d bloggers like this: