Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry has given his verdict on the club’s move to sign Manchester City’s striker, Gabriel Jesus.
Henry hailed Jesus, praising the Brazilian’s goal-scoring instinct as a No.9.
The Brazil International has been linked with a move to Arsenal as a replacement for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Gunners’ only striking options, Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah are out of contract in the summer.
Borussia Dortmund’s goal king, Erling Haaland is said to have agreed deal to join Manchester City thereby paving the way for Jesus to leave the Etihad.
And Henry is a big fan of the Brazilian’s talent who boasts five goals in his last two starts.
“What he can give offensively to the team,’’ Henry said on CBS Sports.
“We saw that he scored four goals at the weekend [against Watford]. When he is in the box, he’s one of the three that is playing, or since [Sergio] Aguero left, he has that nine instinct. He has what the number nine would smell.
“What I like about him is that when he puts pressure, whether it’s on the left, on the right or in the middle, he doesn’t have a problem defending in these situations by coming back and helping his team.”
- I’ve been proven right – Mourinho speaks on Man Utd’s slump
- 7 transfer targets for Arsenal under Premier League ruling after Mikel Arteta clearout
- Champion league: Salah sends warning to Real Madrid ahead of final
- Chelsea owner gives Tuchel £200m transfer war chest with Man City star on wish list [details]
- Donny van de Beek first message after Erik ten Hag addressed his Man Utd future