Cristiano Ronaldo’s preference is to remain at Manchester United next season and he will stay at Old Trafford unless Erik ten Hag makes it clear that he’s not in his plans.
The 37-year-old made a sensational return to the club last summer and he’s been one of the few respectable performers this term, scoring 18 goals in 29 league matches.
Ronaldo signed an initial two-year deal on his return to the club but there’s been speculation that the Portuguese forward does not fit into Ten Hag’s plans, with the Dutchman preferring a high-energy frontline that can apply pressure on their opponents.
It remains to be seen what Ten Hag will decide, but with so many other areas to deal with the Dutchman may feel that Ronaldo is the least of his problems.
The Sun claim that Ronaldo wants to stay at the club and he’s told his team-mates that he will remain at the club – unless Ten Hag tells him otherwise.
That will be a boost for United, who were worried that Ronaldo would opt to leave the club after their failure to qualify for the Champions League.
United plan on signing at least one forward this summer, in what promises to be a summer of change at the club.
Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic, Edinson Cavani, Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard are all set to leave the club when their contracts expire in July.
Dean Henderson, Phil Jones, Eric Bailly and Anthony Martial could all be sold.
Ten Hag wants to sign a right-back, a centre-back, at least one central midfielder, a winger and a striker.
- Cristiano Ronaldo transfer wish granted by Man Utd with Erik ten Hag plan
- Chelsea boss Tuchel warns players ahead of Leicester clash
- Campbell tells Man United player to sign – He’s brilliant, far better than Fred, McTominay
- N’Golo Kante speaks on future at Chelsea amid link with Man United
- Todd Boehly identify 4 vital Changes to make at Chelsea after Premier League takeover decision